The last few weeks leading up to the start of the new school year can be chaotic. Teachers send welcome letters. Homerooms are assigned. Dorm rooms need to be supplied. And organized sports kick off the start of a new season.
Families across the nation make long shopping lists for going back to school. Students anticipate what the year will be like. Summer relaxation time quickly fades into the distance.
Take a break and escape the back to school rush by going to Mastermind Room Escape.
Back to school doesn’t have to be a crazy time of year. Instead, try family activities that keep you cool and foster communication. An escape room is exactly what you need during the back to school rush.
Go to an Escape Room
Here’s why we recommend coming to Mastermind Room Escape to beat the back to school rush.
- It’s an indoor activity where you can stay cool. Ah …air-conditioning.
- No cell phones allowed! Really, we consider it cheating.
- Escape rooms foster communication skills. You have to work together to successfully escape the room.
- No food required. This means, no disagreements about what to eat and no effort needed toward finding the right place for everyone.
- Escape rooms are a good value for the money. You can meet all your friends going away for college and everyone can afford to play!
- Get prepared for the school year. Solving escape room clues activates your brain for learning. Plus, students might have a really cool teacher that introduces an escape room classroom activity and it will be familiar to them.
Other Unique Back to School Activities
We made our case for escaping the back to school rush with an escape room and we have a few other unique back to school activities to share.
- Complete a Selfie Scavenger Hunt – Create a shortlist of your top 5 local summer activities. Visit each location one last time so you can take a selfie and a handful of photos. Each person can choose their favorite photos, match them with a selfie at each location and you have a fun photo memory book. The book is a great way for students to share what they did over the summer with their teacher(s). Parents can share it with family members. After all, the summer of 2019 is the last summer of this decade!
- Fall Goal Setting – Sit down as a family and decide what you want to accomplish together between now and the end of the calendar year. Example goals might be a) Complete an Escape Room b) Hike a local trail. c) Make homemade pasta. d) Donate 15 unused toys to a family that needs them more than us. The important thing is to make sure each family member gets to participate in creating the goal list.
- Throw an apple “tea” party – Serve apple cider. Bake an apple crisp. Pick the apples yourself at a local orchard if you can! The Jonathan Apple has been grown here for over 150 years and they are perfect for baking.
Celebrate the Last Summer of the Decade
Get out and celebrate summer! We know it’s easy to get caught up in the rush of back to school but it doesn’t have to be that way. We are here to serve you at Mastermind Room Escape in St. Louis and St. Charles. We hope you make the most of the last summer of the decade!